The Lavender Eyeshadow Look – Smashbox
March 3 - 2014
My favorite beauty looks – let’s say the ones I’ve learned to achieve the best – are the cat eye and the smoky eye. They’re two very basic looks that really can go with anything; the cat eye is perfect for casual occasions, everyday meetings or brunches with friends whereas the smoky eye is a bit more sophisticated and could be great for a night out or a more formal evening. The tools you need to achieve these looks are obviously black eyeliner and black and gray eyeshadow. But have you thought of using a lavender version of both the eyeliner and eyeshadow? This could be a fun and fresh look for spring. Follow the steps below and if you’re looking for some great products, I’d suggest to use autochrome eye shadow trio and sharp 3D liner by Smashbox.
Pictures by Chad J.Wilson, MUA Denisse Villa.
I’m wearing Tina-Jo overall, TOPSHOP dress and Sarah Magid necklaces.
– First apply the lightest shadow all over the lid and under the brow bone with a fluffy eyeshadow brush.
– Then apply the darkest purple to the crease of the eye with a smaller more pointed shadow brush. Also apply it along the lash line and blend it up until it connects to the crease of the eye. Then with a fluffier brush I applied the medium lavender color to the entire eyelid blending out the shadow and softening the lines from the darker shadow and creating a soft smokey lavender look.
– Put some dark purple shadow on the lower lash line and blended it out with the medium shadow to finish the look.
– Apply the liner to the eye in a winged catlike shape using an angled eyeliner brush and Mac fluidline in blacktrack. Once you have the shape that you like I went over it with the lavender pencil.
– Also put some on the lower lashline and smudged it out with a pointed shadow brush.