Are you going to NYFW? I am. And since I live in LA, I have a feeling it is going to be a nice change of weather so I better get ready to fight against cold, tiredness and foot pain. But I also need to look good 24/7 so here are 16 nice little items I’ll bring with me to survive to Fashion Week in New York. You should do the same.
1. Silver and black suede sandals, Miu Miu. I’m luckily pretty good at walking on heels but I still need a break sometimes. I’ll have to walk a lot to go from one show to the other but I’ll find time to change my sneakers while inside the cab.
2. ‘Nothing else metals’ and ‘blanc’ nail polishes, $ 8.00 Essie. If you didn’t have time for a manicure like me, you can’t go wrong with these basic colors. Plus the new ‘opaque white’ nail trend works great with shorter and slightly rounded shapes!
3. iPhone & iPad USB wall charger, $ 8.99 Apple. Don’t forget your charger! That way, after a whole day of Instagramming and tweeting, you can happily charge your iPhone as you get to the hotel and be ready for the next round.
4. Hologram envelope clutch, H&M. During fashion week you need to make sure that all the stuff fits into a small and compact bag. With this envelope clutch you can carry your iPad (mini or not), your make-up tools and your invites to the shows.
5. ColdCare Soothing Hot Drink (Lemon), Umcka. I don’t know about you but I get colds very easily and switching from 60 to 36 °F won’t be an easy for me. I always have these packets with me in case of sore throat or congestion (take it with hot water).
6. Naked Palette, $50.00 Urban Decay. This is a must when it comes to beauty. It’s a long, lean case that comes packed with 12 gorgeous neutrals that work for absolutely everyone. Shades range from delicate champagne to gritty gunmetal, including glitter, shimmer, and matte.
7. Winston revolver black, $ 95.00 Warby Parker. I normally don’t wear glasses except from when I’m super tired or I have to drive at night. Probably the first one will be the case during NYFW and the black Winston are my favorite frames ever, perfect shape and material.
10. Minted Rose Lip Balm, $7.00 Smith’s. This is my very favorite lip balm ever. It tastes great and it protects your lips from cold weather. It doesn’t only good sooth dry lip but it also calms and heals irritation, and soothes the sting of minor burns.
11. Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, $ 28.50 Kiehl’s. This is a fantastic product that I use for my eye contour. The creamy preparation with avocado oil gently moisturizes the delicate eye area. You might need it to make your skin look fresh all day long.
12. Olive Fruit Oil Nourishing Conditioner, 6.8 OZ $ 19.00 Kiehl’s. To nourish and hydrate dry hair this is what you need. Formulated for dehydrated and damaged hair, this lightweight, easily-rinsed conditioner deeply moisturizes and restores a healthy look to hair.
13. Apple Magic Mouse, $ 69.00. As a blogger I always need my mouse to better edit and upload pictures every day.
14. Friendship bracelets, Gypsies + Debutantes. For an over the top arm party Gypsies + Debutantes is the best. Each bracelet is made of vintage Swarovski rhinestones, Austrian crystals, spikes and studs with bold colors and patterns. They’re available online at BaubleBar.com.
15. Triangle Printed Headwrap, $ 6.99 Styles for Less. Lately I’ve been very into hair bands and I’ve been using this one either with my hair on a pony tale or on a little bun. It comes in black and beige.
16. Gazelle, $ 44.99 Adidas. Let’s be honest, nothing feels more comfortable than wearing sneakers…well maybe flip flops but who likes them? I hate them. These Gazelle come with great suede pigskin leather with reinforced toe, padded tongue and ankle collar and pre molded heel counter. Love them and the color!